Here's the first glance at our new MatchBox design. We've incorporated a lot of customer feedback and strongly believe this laser will be even easier to integrate, more reliable in wider range of environmental conditions and MUCH SMARTER.
ROTATE THE VIEW:
Key changes from MatchBox 1:
- UART instead of I2C. The reason behind this change is that a lot of our integrators prefer UART over I2C. Furthermore it is is much more straightforward to make a UART-USB adapter and we will offer it in a form factor of a cable.
- No flex ribbon. The flex ribbon was convenient in some cases. However it was harder to ensure hermetic sealing and the ribbon itself was not robust enough for industrial integration. MatchBox 2 laser features hermetically sealed PTFE feed through contacts for 5V power and control signals.
- More protective features. Integrated (manufacturer replaceable) fuse, protection against static discharge, smart overheat protection (detects insufficient heat sinking early on).
- Monitoring of laser diodes life.
- Comprehensive logging.
Other changes from MatchBox1:
- Dimensions 30x50x17 mm (instead of 45x50x18 mm)
- Wider range of operational temperature
- Fastening with two bolts in the corner vias
- Hermetic enclosure
- The OLED control unit is replaced with a PC software and USB connecting cable
- No Starter attachment
- Different design of the air-cooled pad
'What's in the box' with MatchBox2:
- Breakout cable (DC power, USB, SMA signal connectors)
- Fastening bolts and a key